Saturday, September 25, 2010

A post to a friend that wanted my insight on a reunion.

The following email was sent to my old but young friend Tara Diachun.   She asked  for all of our perceptions of a reunion that we had two years ago for a class she was taking.   This was my email to her.


My random thoughts at 5:30 a.m. with my hot coffee in hand.




Its always fun to meet old friends and acquaintances after x amount of years .. but there are always concerns too. For me it was a mixed feeling of both. Insecurities and old memories of being the runt of the group definitely popped up - certain people that were relatively mean to me as a child still poking hard at me as an adult. And the excitement of seeing people that meant the world to you back in the day as you played barbies under a tree .. and noticing that the chemistry still is there 30 plus years later. I find it cute that Karen is considered a stonergirl .. considering she never lived on the street .. but we all love her so much because of the energy and smiles she brings that she's considered family. The chemistry between yourself and her is captivating. I find it interesting how some of us have on the outside completely changed .. but inside .. we are still relatively the same people .. there is the quiet one, the funny one, the pretty one, the sarcastic one, the odd one, etc etc .. I will always look back at that first reunion with big smiles and giggles - but a little more self aware, that I was not the only one with insecurities growing up.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment