Saturday, January 14, 2012

To Meditate or Not

FB Status Update

Meditation is painful in the beginning but it bestows immortal Bliss and supreme joy in the end. ..... says Swami .... I'm still at the painful part :) says Kat
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last night en route back to home after being in a very long sales conference, I had decided to stop into the local sports store to get replacement poles for my snow shoes .. and at the same time talk to a friend, and get his opinion on meditation, and why I find it so difficult to do.  As you see, Eric is an Iron Man, Vegetarian Man, Lance Armstrong Freak .. and " the shoe guy " there .. Between you, me and this blog .. I kinda idolize the guy :) because he's so dedicated to his sport and his lifestyle .. but I will never own up to that to him, as it would go straight to his ego.   I said " Eric " with a straight face " Why do I have such a hard time trying to meditate ".   A few moments later after he had finished laughing, and said " you .. " and then went back to laughing.  Apparently it is a belief that I have a hard time sitting down and "shutting off ".   That will be another conversation.

Out of the 15 minute conversation with him,  I have taken, so what if I am not good at meditation - it is not for everyone.   Is not the whole purpose of the challenge to sit, reflect, and reflex.   So in a way I already do that, I sit with my coffee each morning, look out the back window across the back yard, today its especially pretty almost a blue tone across the snow.   And each night I look out the window or go outside and look at the moon.  I take a good long look at it.    I appreciate the beauty of the moon high above me.   It may not be a traditional meditation technique .. but its my time out from my busy, crazy, non stop .. but wonderful life.   I am a very lucky person.

No comments:

Post a Comment